Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Through the Looking Glass


-Lewis Carroll


Typically, my posts are about the most important part of teaching - the relationships. And true to form, this will be too, but in a different capacity. I just wanted to take a moment and consider the power of a thank you and how much someone giving you an opportunity to be yourself can play in continuing to foster and keep passionate teaching going.

"The Twinkling of the T"

It's been quite a few years now since I got to know Tom Murray. He's been my colleague, my boss, my "tech guy", my friend,  and most importantly a positive beacon in a sometimes dimming time in education. If you don't follow him on Twitter - you should. His posts are always positive and encouraging and he's a source for anything you need to know about technology. He epitomizes what it means to "lead by example". I've been meaning to do this for awhile - Thanks for everything bud.

"The White Rabbit"

Sometimes we feel like we're chasing that white rabbit and we're never going to catch him. Sometimes he shows up and we just have to realize he's there.

Check out this series of tweets:


"Burning With Curiousity" 

Before these tweets, we exchanged a few texts and I couldn't stop talking about this to my wife and kids. My wife's reaction was a bit along the lines of  "What a nerd," and my kids' reaction was something along the lines of "That is so cool." My kids' at school had the same reaction as my kids at home. 

It's moments like this that make me realize there are endless opportunities around us. We just have to make sure we see them.  There have been moments where the day seems "impassable", but it just takes a moment for you to stop, look around, and think what the door said to Alice, "Nothing's impossible."

"The Adventures First...The Explanations Take Such A Dreadful Time"

I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but my mind has been freshly boggled by the possibilities of using such a tool in the classroom. I'm not sure about the cool factor of wearing them, but at the sake of looking like a nerd, I'll give it a shot.  I was reassured by my amazing PLN that being a nerd  is okay:


I will be sure to post and blog about my experiences with Google Glass. Who knows what journey it will take my students and me on?

“Every story has a moral you just need to be clever enough to find it
- the Dutchess” 
― Lewis CarrollAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass






No comments: